Carer | Residential Care
Job no: 494882
Work type: Casual / Temp, Part time
Location: Casual Pool, Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs, Lesmurdie, Roleystone
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role of Carer you will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and be responsible for the delivery of personal care and assistance to meet individual needs, delivering homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion, integrity and dignity. Play a key role in delivering our award winning model of care and make a real difference to residents' quality of life.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- A fulfilling career
- Industry leading pay rates
- The ability to salary package up to $15,900 pa
- Award winning not-for-profit Employer of Choice
- Opportunities to study nationally accredited courses
- School holidays child care assistance
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
- Supporting resident’s physical, social, emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing through individualised care delivery
- Assisting with resident’s care needs in line with their care plan
- Collaborating with team members to promote a harmonious working environment
- Assisting with personal hygiene, showering & toileting
- Assisting with activities of daily living, dressing & grooming
- Assistance at meal time
- Administering medication
You have a naturally kind and caring nature with a keen passion to help others.
In addition you will have:
- Certificate III or higher in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) or equivalent
- Previous experience in Aged Care (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in administering medications
- Valid Police Clearance less than 6 months old (or provide a receipt at interview stage)
- Evidence of COVID and Flu vaccinations
- Valid NDIS screen or willingness to obtain one
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with others and develop relationships built on respect and trust
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical assessment and reference checks
- Available to attend a compulsory 2-week induction
HOW TO APPLY
We are keen to speak with you! Apply today!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend