Operations Manager| Hospitality and Services Support
Job no: 494728
Work type: Full time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Northern Suburbs
Categories: Operations Manager, Village Manager, Sales & Marketing, Operations Manager, Service Manager, Hospitality
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Manager, Hospitality and Services Support oversees hospitality, equipment management, systems support and business reporting for Residential Care to ensure each of these service areas deliver high quality outcomes for our residents and clients. This newly created role is a key contributor to the Care and Services leadership team and works collaboratively with their peers and the wider organisation to ensure to achieve the stated goals.
As a senior member of staff, the Operations Manager, Hospitality and Services Support will lead Amana Living’s 3Rs culture and ensure that safety is a primary consideration in all aspects of their business.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
Hospitality- Total Catering Solutions (TCS), Food Services & Cleaning
- Provide leadership and oversight of the end to end food and beverage service ensuring provision of a high standard and quality product that meets meal requirements
- Lead and work collaboratively with the General Manager Total Catering Solutions to meet quality and operational requirements and optimise position in the market.
- Lead the food services team within Residential Care to ensure that all food and beverages served to residents and clients are of a consistent, high standard.
- Establish processes that drive continuous improvement in food preparation, delivery, and service experience across both business areas.
Equipment Management and System Support
- Establish and maintain effective equipment management processes across the business
- Work collaboratively with the Allied Health Manager and clinical teams ensuring equipment is approved for use and properly maintained.
- Work collaboratively with the Sourcing team to establish cost effective methods of renting and purchasing equipment to meet the needs of residents and clients.
- Oversee the operation of Residential Care’s Care Manager software system and other ancillary systems.
Leadership and Culture
- Provide consistent, high quality leadership to direct reports and the broader team.
- Reward innovation and continuous improvement across the teams
- Drive a strong safety culture, leading by example and implementing strategies to continuously improve
- Participate in relevant internal and external forums
- Establish and monitor a suite of KPIs that provide effective oversight of the performance of each key area of responsibility
- Ensure that all practices meet and seek to exceed the Quality Standards
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in food services, hospitality, logistics or similar relevant practice at a senior management level
- Effective leadership with the ability to drive performance of teams
- Demonstrated capability to manage complex logistics in a geographically dispersed environment.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor level qualification in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and respond to business performance information as it relates to support services portfolio.
- Knowledge of the aged care regulatory environment would be highly regarded
In addition, you will need:
- Current WA Driver’s license
- National Police Clearance
- Flu and COVID-19 Vaccinations (or willingness to obtain)
What's on offer:
A newly created position at Amana Living, this is an exciting opportunity to progress your career whilst working for a leading aged care organisation in a dynamic, yet stable industry. We also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries with the ability to salary package (Up to $15,900) and discounted private health insurance.
Applications for the role will close on Sunday the 3rd of October 2021.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend