NDIS Coordinator of Supports
Job no: 494859
Work type: Fixed Term Contract, Part time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Categories: Property & Projects
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The NDIS Coordinator of Supports is primarily responsible for providing support to with Amana Living’s National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants in Residential Aged Care service to explore community living goals and pathways. Reporting to the NDIS Compliance Lead, this role will collaborate with Amana Living’s Service Managers and external stakeholders in understanding client needs and preparing necessary documentation for increased NDIS supports and services. The Coordinator of Supports will be required to implement project initiatives by working with clients and business areas located across Perth Metropolitan area and regional WA (Kalgoorlie).
- Building relationship with NDIS participants, their families, guardians, and support networks
- Developing an understanding and assessing care and support needs within aged care, but also in the community.
- Consulting with the NDIS participant, their families, NDIS Support Coordinators, Planners, and other services regarding alternative accommodation options.
- Regularly liaise with residential care Operational and Service Managers regarding the client support needs.
- Preparing and participating in NDIS Plan review meetings to advocate for additional supports and funding for community housing for independent living.
- Networking and building relationships with other residential aged care and disability accommodation providers.
- Undertake other administrative duties pertaining to NDIS transition case management activities undertaken by the organisation.
You are compassionate and positive, with strong communication skills, allowing you to communicate across diverse groups of stakeholders effectively and sensitively. You are able to work with minimal direction and use initiative and are motivated and eager to provide support and assistance to the best of your ability.
In addition, you will have the following experience:
- High-level knowledge of client case management within the disability sector
- Demonstrated experience in NDIS support coordination or service delivery environment with a disability service provider.
- Knowledge of NDIS funding pathways as well as service access, planning and coordination of supports.
- Demonstrated understanding of NDIS access request and plan review process.
- Cultural awareness working with individuals from ATSI and CALD backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suits (Word, Excel)
- Current NDIS Workers Screening Clearance, National Police Check and Worker Orientation Module Certificate of Completion
- Reliable vehicle and a current driver’s license.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career we also offer a range of other benefits;
- The ability to salary package up to $15,900 pa
- Award winning not-for-profit Employer of Choice
- Opportunities to study nationally accredited courses
- School holidays child care assistance
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date for applications is Monday the 29th of November, however shortlisting and interviews will commence immediately.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend