Occupational Therapy Assistant - Kalgoorlie
Job no: 494261
Work type: Full time
Categories: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. Among our many services are 13 residential care centres spread across Perth Metro, staffed by people who enjoy helping our residents to live an enriched and meaningful life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking Occupational Therapy Assistants on a full time, permanent basis for our residential care facility based in Kalgoorlie. Edward Collick Home is a 89 bed aged care facility.
75 hrs per fortnight
Monday – Friday 0900 – 1700
- Support resident’s physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual wellbeing through care delivery
- Consistently refer to the resident’s care plan to ensure relevant care is delivered and adjust as required
- Plan, organise and implement therapeutic activities and outings under the direction of the Occupational therapist
- Facilitate meaningful 1:1 and groups sessions and adapt to better suit residents needs if required
- Document resident’s responses to treatment programs and report to OT/RN
- Communicating effectively with residents, families and team members
- 3 years experience as an OTA in Aged Care (Desirable)
- Certificate IV in leisure and lifestyle or in allied health would be highly desirable
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Previous experience coordinating group activities and providing 1:1 therapy
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Valid, acceptable Police Clearance less than 6 months old or ability to attain one
- Successful completion of pre employment physical assessment and reference checks
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer industry leading pay rates a range of other benefits;
- The ability to salary package
- Discounted private health insurance
- Access to our Wellness program
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply now and ensure your resume is included in your application. If you have any queries, please contact Nicola Veal on 0466 545 433.
If you would like to work for Amana Living, but this is not the role for you, please contact Nicola Veal at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your experience and any vacancies we may have.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend