Coordinator - No One Dies Alone Companion Program
Job no: 494700
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Categories: Registered Nurse
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
Coordination of the volunteer No One Dies Alone Companion (NODAC) Program. This role is responsible for the supporting, training and coordination of NODAC volunteers to promote and facilitate excellence in end-of-life care in Residential Aged Care. NODAC volunteers sit (vigil) with aged care residents who have been medically assessed to be in their end-of-life phase to provide quality, compassionate support. This is a fixed term contract until March 2023 (0.4FTE) on a job share basis with an after-hours on-call component.
- The NODAC Coordinator is responsible for arranging the roster of volunteers for the vigil once the resident is assessed as end-of-life.
- To partner with key stakeholders to facilitate provision of the vigil program.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers for the NODAC Program as well as training once successful
- Work with Service Managers and NODAC Champions at each Residential Care Centre to ensure residents are being assessed and eligible residents enrolled in the NODAC Program.
- To ensure documentation is being completed in accordance with the NODAC Program requirements.
- To liaise with the Service Managers and NODAC Champions to ensure the request for a vigil is promptly and reliably initiated and communicated.
- Maintain regular communication with NODAC Volunteers to show appreciation and to ensure maintenance of the connection and engagement.
- To collaborate in evaluation of the program.
- Demonstrate support and commitment to the policies and procedures of Amana Living.
- Being cognisant with and uphold the vision, mission and core values of Amana Living.
- Providing support to volunteers as required.
- Liaising with Amana Living Training Institute to facilitate the NODAC component of the volunteer training.
- Coordination and management of vigil rosters.
- Be on call, on a rostered basis, to coordinate and manage vigil rosters with volunteers.
- Supporting volunteers after vigils.
- Undertaking training as required
- Contributing to quarterly reports to the management and an annual report to the Amana Living Anglican Foundation.
- Undertaking other duties consistent with, and as required by, the position and the NODAC Program.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- A sound understanding of palliative care
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of and commitment to the implementation of equality, diversity and workplace health and safety principles
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working with/managing volunteers
- Aged Care Experience would be desirable
- Territory qualification in the relevant field would be desirable
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Competitive salary
- The ability to salary package up to $15,900 pa
- Award winning not-for-profit Employer of Choice
- School holidays child care assistance
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply now and ensure your resume is included in your application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend