Job no: 494685
Work type: Full time
Categories: Care Coordinator, Registered Nurse
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, residential aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an opportunity available for a Care Coordinator with a can do attitude to join our team based at our residential aged care facility in Kalgoorlie – Edward Collick Home. This is a full time, permanent position.
Duties as a Care Coordinator will include, but are not limited to;
- Leading a team of care staff, including Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Carers, whilst contributing to a positive workplace culture
- Mentoring and providing additional training to staff and students
- Using assessments to develop and update Care plans
- Following safe work practices for direct care in line with Amana Living policies and procedures
- Supporting the clinical team to follow the policies and procedures of Amana Living for clinical care of our residents
- Supporting and advocating the rights of older people
- Supporting residents to express their needs and preferences in living their lives
- Supporting the Service Manager to maintain regulatory compliance
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- 5+ years' experience working in aged care as a Registered Nurse or Care Coordinator experience
- Previous experience working with older adults living with dementia
- Previous experience leading a team of care staff and providing additional training and support when required
- Experience and exposure to handling aged care audits, with a thorough understanding of applicable legislation
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid Police Clearance less than 6 months old (or ability to obtain one)
- Previous experience using iCare documentation system (desirable)
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer industry leading pay rates and a range of other benefits;
- The ability to salary package
- Discounted private health insurance
- Career progression opportunities
Please apply below and ensure your resume is included in your application. If you have any queries, please contact Nicola Veal on 0466 545 433. Relocation assistance may be available if required.
If you are interested in working for Amana Living in Kalgoorlie, but this is not the role for you, please contact Nicola Veal via email at email@example.com with some details of what you may be looking for.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend