Are you ready for a change in career?
Would you like a role that is diverse and rewarding?
Would you like to feel supported in your job and receive free training?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, we would love to meet you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Community Support Workers have the rewarding role of caring for people in their homes, enabling their overall independence.
Your day-to-day workload will be varied: from providing personal care (showering, dressing), meal preparation and domestic duties, to social support, shopping assistance, pet care and transport. Additional responsibilities can include fitting and removal of pressure stockings, respite and assisting with medication.
We are looking for people with the flexibility to work afternoon shifts which range from 12pm to 8pm or 2pm to 8pm.
Permanent part time and casual opportunities are available both South and North of the river with rosters including weekdays, or a combination of weekdays and weekends.
3-4 day availability assists with fostering positive client relationships and providing consistency and continuity. Candidates with full week availability will be given preference.
Many of our permanent contracts are offered at a minimum of 30 hours/ fortnight. Talk to us about your availability and we will do our best to accommodate what we can as we also have morning/day shifts available.
Amana Living is one of the largest Aged Care providers in Western Australia. We are the only major aged care provider with our own Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and place a huge importance on the training and development of our staff. Amana Living recruit only people who have a natural kindness so they can deliver the very best of care to our customers. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
A job with purpose. You will make a difference in someone's life, each and every day.
- Hourly rate of $26.99 (plus applicable casual or penalty loading)
- Travel allowance of $0.72 cents per kilometre for travel between clients, as well as paid travelling time between clients
- Work mobile phone
- Industry leading training through our training institute
- School holidays child care assistance
- The ability to salary package
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
Your genuine passion for helping others and making a difference to a client's quality of life will be evident in everything you do. You have the ability to easily establish and build rapport with people, in addition to being a naturally caring and positive individual. You are an enthusiastic, reliable worker who enjoys being a team player, yet can work autonomously. Whilst you may not have any formal training or experience, you will receive a comprehensive induction and have access to study through our training institute, including access to traineeship options.
In addition, you will have:
- Acceptable National Police Clearance less than 6 months old
- Up to date flu vaccination
- Receipt of both COVID19 vaccinations
- Current driver's licence (with no restrictions, no L plates)
- Access to a reliable registered motor vehicle with full comprehensive insurance
- Pass pre-employment physical assessment and reference checks
- Available to attend a paid compulsory 2-week induction/ training to help you get started
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please use the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application, ensuring your current resume is included.
Take your career forward with us at Amana Living today!