Support Worker (Community)
Job no: 494826
Work type: Casual / Temp, Part time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Support Worker, Day Club Assistant, Home and Community Care
Amana Living is one of the largest Aged Care providers in Western Australia. We are the only major aged care provider with our own Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and place a huge importance on the training and development of our staff. You will be joining a team of naturally kind and generous people, who have a true passion to deliver the very best of care to our customers. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Community Support Workers have the rewarding role of caring for elderly people in their homes, enabling their overall independence.
Your day-to-day workload will be varied: from providing personal care (showering, dressing), meal preparation and domestic duties, to social support, shopping assistance, transport and pet care. Additional responsibilities can include fitting and removal of pressure stockings, respite and assisting with medication.
We have a number of casual and permanent opportunities based either north or south of the river in the Perth metropolitan area. Some sample rosters include:
- Day Shifts : 7am - 12 noon, 8am - 4pm, 9am - 2pm,
- Afternoon shifts : 11.30am - 7.30pm, 1pm - 8pm, 2pm - 8pm
- Weekend shifts can be a combination of both and will include Thursday and Friday weekday shifts.
Our permanent contracts are offered with a minimum number of fortnightly hours that you will be paid for, with many being 30 hours per fortnight and above. The more availability you have, the bigger the roster we can consider you for!
- A caring nature with a passion for aged care
- Availability of at least three days per week
- Willingness to obtain a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community), directly through our own RTO.
- Acceptable National Police Clearance less than 6 months old
- Evidence of up-to-date flu vaccination and Covid vaccines
- Current driver's licence (with no restrictions, no L or P plates)
- Access to a reliable registered motor vehicle with full comprehensive insurance
- Pass pre-employment physical assessment and reference checks
- Available to attend a paid compulsory 2-week induction/ training to help you get started
A job with purpose. You will make a difference in someone's life, each and every day.
- A highly competitive hourly rate of $26.99, higher for casual roles + salary packaging.
- Travel allowance of $0.72 cents per kilometre for travel between clients, as well as paid travelling time between clients
- Work mobile phone
- Industry leading training through our training institute
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking for special people. People who are intrinsically aligned to ensuring that the way they perform their role, has a positive impact on those we serve every day.
If this sounds like you, please use the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application, ensuring your current resume is included.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend